All temporary foreign worker caregivers that were admitted into Canada from the 1st of December 2018 till date are now free to apply for Permanent Residence through the Interim Pathway for Caregivers in Canada.
This pathway is temporary and shuts down after the 4th of June, 2019. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada have not placed any benchmark on the required number of applications, therefore it will accept as many as are submitted before the due date.
According to the IRCC, this immigration pathway is a solution for the caregivers who arrived Canada under the Caring for medically challenged people or Children pilot programs who came in after 30th November 2014 and could not secure permanent residence in Canada.
Eligibility Requirements for Interim Pathway for Caregivers
This pathway is designed for workers who have garnered work experience under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program for Canada
which corresponds to the Major duties listed in the National Occupational Classification in Canada, Group 4411 or 4412.
Applicants are hereby expected to be non-residents of Quebec and also have these requirements:
- At least 12 months of full-time work experience in a meaningful job in the country. The validity period of the job is from the 30th of November, 2014.
- Language Proficiency in French or English Language with NCLC/CLB of at least 5.
- Authority to work in Canada using a work permit (Live-in Care Giver Program - LCP excluded) during the time of application; or
Application of Work permit renewal (LCP excluded); or
Applied and qualified for the restoration of status, and holds a work permit (LCP excluded), as their latest permit.
- At least, a high school diploma in Canada, or an equivalent non-Canadian diploma, credential or certificate.
- Credentials obtained from other countries will have to receive an Educational Credential Assessment from a credible institution within the last five years from the date of the application. The assessment would have to show that the foreign credential, diploma or certificate is equivalent to a Canadian Secondary School diploma.
If an applicant having non-Canadian educational credentials is unable to obtain an Educational Credential Assessment before the 4th of June 2019; the closing date for the Interim Pathway for Caregivers, the will still be considered eligible if they have a proof to confirm their application for an ECA.
Acceptable proofs would include; receipt of Payment for the ECA and/or written confirmation from the institution that they have applied for an ECA.
All caregivers whose latest work permit is under the Live-in Caregiver program
will be disqualified for the interim pathway.
Stay connected to Visa News
to know more updated visa news from Australia, Canada, Europe, the UK, and the USA! Please fill our Evaluation form to know whether you are eligible or not and we will also suggest you for the better options available for you.