Canada is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful countries in the world. It has the best of both worlds – highly advanced technology and nature and wildlife. Every traveler should have Canada on its bucket list because it simply worth visiting.
Here is a guide that will help you apply for a Canadian tourist visa:
- Determine how you want to apply. You can either apply online on your country’s Canadian embassy website or visit your nearest embassy.
- Download the tourist visa application form. Read the instructions and guidelines carefully and pay close attention to all sections of the form.
- Pay the processing fee for your country. You can either go to your nearest bank to pay it as a demand draft or cheque, or pay it online using a credit card.
- Take your completed form and visit your nearest Canada Visa Application Centre. Every country has a checklist of documents that you need to carry along with you. Carry the original legal document and photocopies as well. You might need to give your biometrics as well and run a few tests at the centre.
- Once your local Canadian centre approves your form and documents, they will issue you the tourist visa. Most of the times, it is sent over to you via your email. You will get a tracking ID for it and in case it is delayed you can contact the embassy directly.
For an Indian passport holder, a Canadian single entry tourist visa as well as multiple entry costs Rs 5,100 or 100 CAD. If you want to extend your stay, then the extension costs Rs 5,100 or 100 CAD for 30 days. It depends on the conversion rate at that time.
Always remember that any country you visit on a tourist basis, requires you to have passport with a minimum six months of validity.